Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Reading Time!


Tonight June made some tasty kimchi chigae.  She fried up some fish, marinated some quails' eggs and did the dishes.  I only vacuumed, set the girls up for bed, washed and cooked rice, and hit the grocery store before coming home.

Then we had a spat.  She started going on about the evil ways of colonial Europe back in the day against the poor Native Americans.

I reminded her that humans are what humans do, and Koreans are not exempt from evil ways in the here and now.

She didn't say much to me, but then freaked at the kids.  She yelled and threw a roll of toilet paper at the youngest then sequestered herself in the main bedroom.
I'm thinking hormones.

Why is it always about how Koreans could never be that evil, as opposed to they haven't had the chance for a good long while?

And why is it when she can't win an argument she always takes it out on the kids?

But I digress.

The youngest needed some quality attention.  I held her for a while, talked nice, and read a bazillion books. These are always reliable.

They want me to sleep with them, but I need to plow through a pile of emails and what not first.

No comments:

Post a Comment