Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

No Thyme!

As I prepared to make my lamb stew, I discovered that I was out of thyme.

This was a crisis.  My lamb stew needs thyme.  I thought for sure I had an unopened bottle of the stuff.

I've been meaning to add it to my veranda garden.  Thyme isn't something that you can just run out and buy at the local convenience store.  You can order it online, and find it in Seoul, but not easily in the Wonj.

So I used rosemary and paprika.  Made it with tomatoes, onions, a pile of garlic, potatoes and mushrooms.  Threw in a half cup of red wine, a half cup of chicken stock, salt and pepper.

It needs to simmer for about another hour, but damn, it smells good already.  Let it sit overnight and reheat and that's gonna be a fine stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment