Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Meltdown!


This afternoon I completely lost my shit on a taxi driver that cut me off.

He totally saw me coming but decided fuck it I'm going to turn left across traffic irregardless of the fact that there are no cars coming except one.

I had to slam hard on the brakes. It was a near miss.

It didn't help that I'd left the house all pissy after discovering June had emptied one of my accounts to pay for her new business store front.

I am supportive but I did have plans for that cash. And she did it without discussion.

When I called her on it in admittedly a gruff way, she simply said not to talk to her that way.

I left so the eldest wouldn't see a complete full on meltdown.

Then this asshat taxi driver cuts me off.

I immediately turned around and followed him until he stopped. WTF are you doing driving like such a fucking retard. This was when he waved me off and claimed to have no idea what I was talking about.

So I started throwing 10 won coins at his car while calling him a son of a dog and other more colorful terms.  I had a few that had been lying around in my change container.  Those and a few small sea shells from last summer.  There have been more than a few times when drivers have obviously been trying to cause an accident in my time here.  I figured he needed cash.

Shameful on my end really.

I do harbor nastiness towards cab drivers due to a shit lying on an accident report, but that's a story for another tome.

I hate losing my cool like that and making a disproportionate response due to misdirected frustration. It's a thing that happens to most, although I'd bet it happens more for waegs than others.  Personally, I don't wonder too much where the Quincy Blacks come from.

4 comments:

Lesser Klaus said...

My wife has a shopping addiction and is sneaky about it sometimes, like the alcoholic who's got bottles stashed about the house. I found a huge stack of receipts at the end of last year, and totaled them to find that she'd spent almost $9,000 at her favorite store. I was in full-on fight mode, but decided not to have any drama right before Christmas. I just calmly mentioned to her that I found the receipts and what the total was. I intended to let her stew about it, and then let the fur fly after New Year's. We never did have the fight though. She expressed contrition indirectly two or three times, and mentioned that she's returning some of the clothes, and told her sister in front of me that she's stopped shopping. In the past I've always initiated a fierce confrontation with her and she's never really apologized. Honestly I don't know quite what to make of this, but maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years.

As always, best of luck!

Angel Investor said...

I know it's not easy, but try to stay calm during hot situations. Your wife should have told you about her business and using your money, after all it's the two of you who's gonna benefit if the store progresses or suffer if it fails. And we should be nice to taxi drivers. In my place there are lots of stupid taxi drivers as well (guess we can't avoid those kind of people) but I try to talk to them whenever they seem unreasonable.

F5Waeg said...

Klaus: that sucks, but glad to hear that she's dealing with it.

jakeinkorea said...

And people give me shit for putting my wife on a fixed allowance...

Post a Comment