Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Emergency!

This morning I found myself bootin' it down to Seoul.

For some reason, people were having difficulty understanding some very basic stuff about the cereal bowl project. 

It's an important project for some reason, although it is kind of small compared to some of the stuff we do.  But I guess it has potential for further orders later.

Despite trying to work it out with them via email and cell phone last week, they still asked that I come down and go over it with them one more time.

It actually only took a few hours to make everything kosher.  After lunch I was free.  Woopdeedoo, seeing as I ended up getting stuck in traffic.  The office is smack downtown.  Driving in that area is rarely fun.

After lunch I stopped off in the 'twon.  Had a beer at Seoul Pub.  It tasted like piss.

Heading out I decided to stop at Costco.  Apparently no one is buying beef for this New Year, what with all the disease madness.  Costco was in full form, offering a nice selection of seafood.  I bought a set pack of four lobster for the in-laws.  I don't want to think about how much they cost.

Now I'm home.  I cooked burgers for everyone.  I haven't eaten a burger in over a year.  I feel gross.

Time for beer.

3 comments:

David tz said...

Seoul pub? Really? Of all the bars to choose from, that's the one you went with? No wonder you dislike Itaewon so much. Even a soldier meat market like Gecko's is better than that dive. If I ever wanted to hate Itaewon and needed affirmation, Seoul Pub is definitely the bar to prove what a hole it is-- it doesn't get much worse than that...

F5Waeg said...

What the? I like itaewon. Hadn't been to Seoul pub in about five years. Wanted to see if it had changed, and well it hasn't.

David tz said...

Sorry, my mistake. It seems most bloggers go on about how much they hate Itaewon, yet they all seem to flock there like buzzards to fresh kill. I was an ass to assume the same from you. However, I stick by my guns that Seoul Pub is a hole best to be avoided at all cost...

Post a Comment