Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Downtown!


Lately I've been spending quite a bit of time downtown.

The eldest has a two hour science camp everyday and I'm the chauffeur.

Today I picked up a bunch of kitchen stuff and some more kimchi.

Got a new paring knife and peeler. 3 chonners for both.

For lunch I had a 3.5 chonner bowl of dumpling soup. The price reflects the decor and overhead, not the quality. It was delicious.

Now I'm sitting in one of Wonju's five rotisseries enjoying a cup of Tanzanian Peabody.

I remember in my first year paying 6 chonners for a cup of blue mountain tea masquerading as coffee.

This cup of Joe is well worth that price now.

No comments:

Post a Comment