Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dae Po!

The girls and I started off with making a go at a 1000 piece puzzle of Van Gogh's Starry Night.  This made me think fuck the impressionists.  Try putting together a puzzle of that shit.

After cooking amazing chicken wings and deep fried potatoes, I got into some delicious Dae Po.

When peeps make rice wine, how far down in the vat is going to determine the quality of your drink.

Close to the bottom is your typical makoli.  A little further up you get dong dong ju.  At the top you've got the clear liquor that usually is your sake type of drink.  But this shit is a whole other class of wine, made from dandelions.  Awesome. 

It's usually 1.7 chonners a bottle.  It's 13%.  It tastes great.

After drinking a bottle and a beer, I went out and met some waeg buddies of mine.

We shot the shit and played some plastic darts.  I am a purist as far as my dart playing is concerned, but in the Wonj you make due.

I finished off a game of cricket in 11 turns.  My record is nine.  Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment