Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, December 27, 2010

SAD!

So after some investigative probing from my end, it seems the only thing people are really hung up about today is life.

Must be the SAD.  It is true that the darkest days of the year do feel more depressing.

When I mentioned this to one of my waeg coworkers, he said I was probably unaffected due to the copious amounts of turkey I've been eating the last few days, ergo more serotonin.

Ah yes, the tryptophan defence.

I didn't want to point out that turkey really isn't that high in tryptophan compared to say, seaweed or soy.  Some people still use the tryptophan argument to explain their drowsiness after eating turkey, when really it has more to do with sitting around and eating until you're fit to burst.

A five minute google search gives you everything you need to know about that.

I just smiled and said yeah, you must be right.  You sure you don't want some turkey to boost your own levels?  I've still got a good 2-3 kilos of the stuff.  He said he was good.

Anyway, go out and get some sun, or go hang out somewhere that has a lot of HPS lights.

Time for coffee.

3 comments:

jakeinkorea said...

People are depressed this time of year because they are more broke than ever. The gifts they thought would make their children so happy have been strewn aside and everything is back to normal. The start of a new year is coming soon, and while it used to be considered a time for a "fresh start" many people these days see it as "oh damn, I'll be a year older this year and my circumstances won't have changed much".

People also get depressed because of the weather as you mentioned. I'm waiting for your post about how to maximize earnings on an F-series visa.

F5Waeg said...

I dunno Jake, if anything I'm envious of your internet gig, making enough bank to change cars every few years. . .sounds to me like you got it sorted, despite your desire to get out of the racket for less unsavory work.

jakeinkorea said...

I'd REALLY love to close my business in 2011. I want to murder most of my clients, and I spend 270,000won a month on prescription drugs just so I can get up each day and answer 300+ nagging emails. I'll keep going as long as people are throwing money at me, but lots of my competitors are going belly up due to the economy. I think it's only a matter of months before I'm back in the rat race one way or another.

Post a Comment