Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Rat Race!

June is getting really stressed about her new business.  Now it seems that another woman married to a waeg has earned some backing from people with money and is opening the same franchise.

June is pissed.  I had to convince her not to storm into the other business with her complaints.  You'll just make yourself look the fool and won't achieve anything.

The way she tells it, the other woman coddled up to her, listened to her plan, then went and got backing from rich friends and is going to use their name.

I don't know what the hell is going on.  All I know is the hole in my bank account isn't being filled.  And I certainly hope what she says isn't true.

Ah, the rat race.  I guess I know who won't be invited over for Christmas dinner.

2 comments:

jakeinkorea said...

People always tell me "Jake man, you should totally open a hagwon man! You're married to a Korean, you've got money and you're a foreigner. What could possibly go wrong man?"

I do lots of stupid things, and I take risks frequently. I'm still not brave enough to get involved with any type of educational institute. It's too complicated for me, completely over my head.

It's nice that your wife has hopes/dreams/ambitions to open a business and suceed. My wife is perfectly content with doing absolutely nothing.

F5Waeg said...

I know I knocked up a special gal. She got lucky too. The big winners: our girls.

Post a Comment