Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pojangmacha!

Instead of watching the flick, I went out and met a buddy of mine.

We talked about how the real pojangmacha has pretty much disappeared from the streets of Wonju.

I'm talking the sit down variety that cook you up some dooboo kimchi and serve soju and beer, not these watered down versions that sell cheap street food.

I've had some of my best times in these makeshift tent bars.  Also got some of the worst diarrhea, but I digress.

What used to be one of the best areas for pojangmacha is now a major entertainment district housing the Lotte Cinema and Outback.

My friend joked about the lack of facilities when drinking at one of these tent bars.  When you needed to go, find a place in the field somewhere or hide between trucks.

If I knew what was going to grow from all that piss, I woulda saved it they said.  Or at least bought one of the cabbage fields.

That was pretty funny.

Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment