Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Piece of the Pie!

June contacted one of the local daily rags to find out about placing an ad for the new business.

The friendly sales staff gave her a brief rundown of prices.  Then they suggested that for about 120 manners, a nice reporter could write a feel good piece about the new business venture.

When they found out she was married to a waeg, they guaranteed her that including that info in the 'article' would see business soar.  Wife with her waeg husband open new business! Multiculturalism in action!! Buy Now!!!

I suggested that they pay us for the story since it would give a boost to their newspaper's reputation and image.

Something tells me they won't go for it.

Everyone's gotta pay the bills I suppose. But I got an issue with someone else dogging it off the sweat of me and mine.

Reminds me of when we pimped out the eldest to a modeling agency back in the day. The eldest appeared in a number of catalogues and even a TV commercial.

What can I say?  My girls are pretty damn cute.

They must get it from their mom, but I digress.

After the agent took their fee, we got enough to cover expenses and the equivalent of about a chonner an hour.

The agent assured us that once things got rolling, the cash could seriously roll in.  uh huh.

Seeing as I wasn't really too keen on building up my daughters to be the next addition to the future multicultural Wonder Girls, I put my foot down and said no more.

I didn't like how the eldest was constantly posing.  Not the best way to raise a young kid methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment