Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Moving to the Country!



This kid could very well be that of June's friend Kim.

Kim ran a successful restaurant in Seoul for near 15 years. In his late 30s he left the management to a trusted lieutenant and built himself the Beatles Cafe in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.

We've been to visit a couple of times. It's a nice place if you like Beatles memorabilia, and access to a very nice collection of rare Beatles releases.

I've never seen anyone there, but Kim and his wife seem happy.

What I found more intriguing was the extraordinary amount of morning glory flowers he had growing everywhere.

Maybe its because I live in the styx relatively speaking, but I do seem to know a lot of guys like Kim. Remind me to tell you of the nice old couple who run (ran?) a nice silkie chicken restaurant. They started selling the chicken after an Indian guy I knew lived and worked on a farm near them. He introduced them to the breed and they offer fresh chicken soup, although you may have to order ahead or wait a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment