Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Morning After!

Just as I was leaving work yesterday I got a call from some of my ajumma buddies.

I call them the three Jungs.  They each have Jung in their name.  A Mr. Jung came and met us later, as did Mr. Kim.

I've known the three for years, and I should be thankful that June doesn't get worked up when I hang out with them.  But she knows she's my number one.

One is a cop, another owns and runs a restaurant, the third runs a study abroad business.

They insisted I come out and meet them directly after work.

What followed was a hard session of serious drinking.

I am now one hurting unit.

Min Jung told a funny story.  She went to a movie with a friend.  She went and took a huge dump and coming back she accidently sat in the wrong seat.  She leaned over and began to describe in detail the massive turd she squeezed out thinking she was talking to her friend.  It was in fact an old grandfather who just looked at her and said he was happy she was now feeling so relieved.

It's funnier when told in Korean.

Mr. Jung insisted on drinking only from a bottle that had the young unmarried woman on it.  See photo.  That one is actually the married woman.

I have no idea how I got home last night, or where my car is parked.

The fam went to the sauna.  I'm going to order a pot of kamja tang at 11 and nurse my head.  Hopefully I'll get around to breaking apart the monster bookcase by the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment