Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Me and My Big Mouth

better pass me a beer quick!
Sometimes people say all kinds of crap without thinking about it too much.

This blog is a case in point.  I just speak my mind, when I should just sit quietly.

Today was reckless.  I shoulda thought twice before attempting witty repartee with a coworker.   Running back and forth getting this and that whatever meeting next sure was a good time.

In the hubbub, I ran into one who recently applied for another job in a different town.  She has yet to receive a decent offer.  She's worried that someone in the company hierarchy is undermining her.

I'm one of those who wrote a glowing recommendation for her.  I know there is talk about how she will be missed since she is very competent and contributes significantly to the team.

She asked me to not send an unedited report forward since she had omitted to include some very relevant information.  I joked that I would send it anyway.  She said she'd never forgive me if I did.  I said she'd probably find reason to not forgive me later anyway, so what was one more?

I realized after that she could interpret that as me alluding to writing a less than glowing recommendation.

Now, stupidity is a universal constant, and I'm hoping this gal won't hold a grudge against me and that her panties aren't in a knot about it.  From experience, these types of conversation never end well.  You can't win and its best to just smile.  When will I ever learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment