Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Man Den part II!

I go out and buy new bookcase, foam and carpet.

I need to drill a hole to pass the electrical through to the kitchen.

Drill bit gets bent.

I go out and buy a new drill bit.

Drill hole. June asks me to drill some holes for the new whiteboard for the girls.  I set it up.

Girls ask me to set up a movie for them.  Movie refuses to work for 10 minutes.  Finally works.

I've only had one beer so far.  I eat bacon, and a cheese broccoli onion omelette!

The big window is much too heavy to do solo: I'll end up smashing the shit out of the walls and gouging the floor, so I have to wait until later to move it.  I throw out one old bookcase and chuck an old computer desk at the same time.  I get the forms to pay the garbage fee, since any big item has to be paid for.  Guy is happy I'm going to pay this time (future post!)

June says we need a new couch.  This opens some possibilities for me since I could use the old one in my refurbished man den.

June now wants me to paint one of the walls in the living room.  I tell her that we shouldn't get too crazy yet.

I get ready to clear out the big bookcase and smash it to pieces to bring it down the elevator.  Girls are messing around with the cardboard from the new whiteboard and bookcase, ask me to help them build a house since they can't get it to stay upright.

My dad is good with tools.  He built the girls a tireswing, a slide and a bookcase.  He's an engineer, what can I say?  Papa could build this really easy the eldest says.

I stop emptying bookcase and build super cardboard house.

Time for more beer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's called a mancave.

Post a Comment