Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Lunch!

Today we had a department heads' lunch.

I was worried about how it was going to end up, since it was going to be at a Korean beef restaurant.

I miss eating that deliciousness.  But I made a decision a while back that I feel I have to stick to.

Luckily there were plenty of nice side dishes.  I ate my rice and a lot of different vegetables.  I took charge of the bulgogi pot in front of me, spooning liquid over the meat and surreptitiously moving the pieces away from me towards the sides for everyone else's easy access.

I thought I might get called out.  But no one said anything about the fact that I wasn't eating the meat, despite how it was obvious that I wasn't touching it, and after everyone else had had their fill, there was obviously a one person portion still in the pot.

One guy did tell me to stop making fun of the English on the menu.  All I asked was what kinds of meat "fumblingly" and "unripe a fillet" were, and why I should pay 4 manners to "treasure a rib roast". I considered it research for work!

Maybe it was professional envy; all three of those are awesome.

Still, it was a nice lunch, chatting with some coworkers I don't interact with often.

No comments:

Post a Comment