Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Janggi!

This afternoon I was a bit bored of sitting at my desk.

I took a wander around the various buildings.

In the maintenance rooms, I found most of the staff huddled around playing Janggi.

I guess they had cleared enough snow for this morning.  Everyone needs a break I suppose.

It took me a while to learn this game.  I learned back in my English teacher days, when a grade 5 boy kicked my ass.  I couldn't let that stand.

I'm not a bad player, but definitely no expert.

I played a few games.  I won one and lost two.

I didn't stick around; wouldn't do if someone on the totem pole wandered in and saw me hanging out with the maintenance staff playing chess.

Still, a nice distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment