Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Humor!

Today was strange at work. 

It seems my sense of humor has been the subject of discussion around the water cooler.

At various points of the day I had different co-workers and interns coming up and telling me that they either liked my sense of humor, thought it over the top, or thought that it wouldn't hurt if it were a bit tamer but was just fine the way it was.

Weird.

All I could think was that in my line of work, a somewhat off kilter politically incorrect sense of humor is at times essential.

Besides, I usually avoid ribaldry.

Usually.

In a sense, I'm flattered.  Humor is something that is usually lost in translation. 

Learning how to understand the Korean sense of humor takes a while.

I guess I'm at least partially successful if I can get a good belly laugh out of most of my coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment