Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Home!

After work I decided to hit the Emart.  I generally don't go there, but we're out of cheese and can't hit Costco until the weekend.

I picked up some veggies, fruit, fish, pork, tofu, hot chili sauce to make mapa dooboo, water, cheese, a blow torch nozzle, jalepenos, canned fruit, some windshield fluid, cheese, and of course, beer.

Only my Mother-in-Law was home when I got in.  She asked me if I had eaten, but I said I'd take care of myself.

I had to chase her out of the kitchen.

I fried up some dok, minced meat Korean style.

I made a hanburger. It was delicious.

I soldered the cord back into the busted Christmas lights.  Took about 5 minutes.  Threw them on the tree and lit em up.  Useful skill I learned from watching my dad.

June and the girls came back from cleaning the kindergarten and we played crazy 8's.

They're fooling around in the bedroom now, acting crazy.

As I was eating I thought about something a coworker said to me a while back.  She likes to talk about her boyfriend, the mysterious stranger.  No one has yet to meet this tall handsome Seoul National University graduate.

I was reminded of this:



I don't doubt his existence, but it is fun to tease her.

I was going to watch either Red or Inception, but what the hey, maybe I'll watch Napoleon Dynamite.  It's been a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're very funny Mr. hanburger

Post a Comment