Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Home!

I left work at the regular time since I promised the girls I'd play hide and seek with them when I got home. 

Now I'm home and just want to vegetablize.

But a promise is a promise.  I've left the front door open and taken the chimes off it since when they start counting I'm going to go hide on the roof. 

That'll keep em busy for a while.

I had a conversation just before quitting time with a single coworker who asked me if he should get married.

Sometimes I reply run!  Tonight my reply was both single life and married life have pros and cons.

Being single means tons of extra cash.  You look in your bank account and go Wow!  time to go to Thailand.  At the same time its fun buying toys that you can also play with.

When you're single you can easily date a bunch of different people.  But you have to deal with the occasional rejection or bouts of loneliness.  Also if you marry the right person you can get a fantastic groove going.  Sometimes.

Being married with kids is great when you come home and everyone comes out to greet you.  Being single is great when you come home and just want to be quiet and left alone.

Having kids makes talking about the death of a child much more palpable.  When you're single, you say that's terrible.  When you have your own you feel how terrible it is.

I could go on, but the girls are calling.

Update: the eldest trigged on to the fact that I had left the door open and made a rule that you can't go outside during hide and seek.  Nice catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment