Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hanbok!

Today I wore one of my hanbok to work. 

I actually have several.  The one I'm wearing is a nice thick padded cotton three piece, solid gray.  Its very suit like.

Every now and then I like to wear one to work.  It used to freak people out, but not so much anymore.

I'm not a big fan of the traditional type of hanbok usually worn for special events.  I find them too colorful, with a color scheme that is not very appealing:
barf
I prefer these, which are adaptations of a more country everyday wear look associated with the non noble classes.  There is more use of solid earth colors and good, plain old cotton.

I like to shop at this store, although it is a bit pricey, and you have to watch what you buy since some of what they make has a tendency to not last so long.  Still, for comfort and look, its great.

If you're into the hippy / pilgrim thing.

Warning: apparently if you try to access the English version of that site you risk getting a trojan, although it could just be the stoopid Active X shit that is ubiquitous on most Korean websites. Future post on why I generally avoid the Korean internet and explorer coming soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you and the Marmot hang out?

Anonymous said...

you must understanding, tradition hanbok shwos the pure korean joyfulness and happy mind

F5Waeg said...

No, I don't hang out with anyone from the hole, but I've met most of them once or thrice.

Post a Comment