Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Guilt!

I'm a firm believer that guilt is for suckers.

Now I couch it in the following terms: responsibility, foresight, experience.

I've dealt with my fair share of guilt trips.

But tonight I didn't push for the bar hop 2 cha.

Besides all the usual suspects were oddly absent.
janggu
I missed seeing the youngest play the janggu.  Tonight was also the variety show at the kindergarten.  I went and hung out for about 20 minutes, but I didn't stay.  I was on a mission.

That mission was to embarass myself royally by singing a song I wrote this morning while driving to work.

I decided not to sing the Korean tune.  I figured they had heard that one before.

Let's give them something they haven't heard.

I started out by making it like an Irish folk song.  By the time I was driving home it had a definite hillbilly twang to it.  Mainly due to a midday switch from 5 line verse to 4.

All the other waegs save one sang Korean tunes.  The funniest was when one dude got up and sang "this is going too fast, I don't understand Korean, but I'm singing" to the chorus of a fairly recent song.  In Korean.

That was pretty fucking funny.  

BUT. . .I bailed.  The head dude wanted us all to go to a singing room, but by the time I got out it was more expedient and wise to just GTFO.

Now I can keep up on my three post a day idiocy.

Eventually, I'll stop writing this shit.  It's supposed to be a slice 'o life kinda thing.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment