Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dads' Night Out!

So I caved to the peer pressure and joined the other dads from the youngest's kindergarten.

I didn't go to the beef restaurant, but hooked up with em for second and third stage.

I'm still feeling pretty rough from last night, so I only drank a little beer.

No whiskey for this dog!

The whole point of the dads' meeting is to supposedly talk about the kindergarten.  In fact the kindergarten comes up for about 10 minutes.  The rest of the night is centered on getting raving drunk.

We hit a noraebang.  I have a running competition with one of the dads.  He randomly chooses a song in Korean for me to sing and I randomly choose one in English for him.

Its not really a fair competition, but he gets really worked up over it.  You see the first time we all went to a singing room together, I sang 3-4 older Korean songs and scored 100 on each one.

I had never heard the songs before.  That trot kind of stuff is just really easy to predict.

He tried to school me and only scored a 98 and a 99 while the other guys laughed at him.

It's been flame on ever since.  Its all in good fun, and he and I actually get along pretty well.  Not like the asshole in charge of the parents' association, but I'll save talking about him for another day.

Tonight he chose a ballad.  I fucking hate ballads.  I had to choke back vomit the whole time I was trying to sing.  I only got a 96.

So I made him sing Bawitdaba by Kid Rock and Pretty Fly by Offspring.

I almost killed myself laughing.

Some of the guys headed out to a hostess bar.  I and a few others called it a night.  I'm not too keen on paying to talk to someone no matter how hot they are or how little clothing they're wearing.

We went back to a car to wait for a paid driver.  This is what we found waiting for us:


I like the chocolate one.

1 comment:

Foreigner Joy said...

Featured on a recent post in...
http://expatabundance.blogspot.com/

thanks

Post a Comment