Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas!

Pretty much every year since coming to Korea, I've hosted a Christmas dinner.

In the past finding a turkey was a lot more difficult.  It seems to get easier each year.  But then, that could be because I've gotten a better lay of the land.

It's a pot luck kind of thing.  I cook a bird with stuffing and a few other extras, and everyone else brings the fixings.

We do a secret santa, where everyone brings a gift worth about 2 manners and draws a number to get a different gift.

Looks like this year we'll be going over to another waeg's house.

I'll cook the bird and bring it over, but we won't have to deal with cleaning.

Awesome!

I've got Monday off, which is fine.  I've also booked 10 working days in January to spend around the house and catch up on some stuff.  Maybe I can finally get around to finishing the man den.

3 comments:

jakeinkorea said...

How do you cook a Turkey in Korea? Is it a midget Turkey? I have what I thought was a decent sized oven, but it's nothing compared to what I had in the USA.

F5Waeg said...

This year's is 9 kg, but the biggest I've cooked was a little over 14. The oven we have now is a bit smaller than the one we had in our old place. Just put it in a 2 inch pan and cover with tinfoil. . . after you've stuffed it of course.

F5Waeg said...

don't forget to baste every 40 minutes or so

Post a Comment