Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas!

Today all the Christmas decorations come out.  But first we need to go buy a new tree.

Our last one ended up like the one of the right.  Guess it didn't take too well to living in a balcony.  I think it outgrew its pot.  By the time I figured that out, it was already near dead.

Yesterday I cut it up with my trusty camp saw and chucked it in the field behind my apartment.

Pine needles everywhere.

So now we need a new one.  The last one lasted three years.  Ended up being cheaper than cutting down three trees and of course was better for the environment.

I want a fir for the next one, and smaller.  The last one actually grew quite fast.

That will be the afternoon's project.  Before lunch I promised the girls we'd make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  Once they get back from being indoctrinated at church, we'll get started on those.

Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment