Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Angry Anonymous Commentator!

Yesterday I posted a public service message about how to buy the most useful stroller.

Apparently, according to one anonymous commentator, I don't know what I'm talking about.

I deleted their original comment because they have a rather bad case of potty mouth.

But the gist of their rant was that grandmothers don't use old strollers as walkers that frequently, and their backs aren't bent due to years of hard work and a lack of calcium.

As for the first part, a quick google image search for 할머니 유모차 and 할머니 굽은 등 returned these:



wait, not enough?  ok:






You do see some grandmothers with actual walkers, but they are few and far between.  Besides, most walkers don't have the carrying space of a used baby stroller.

I anticipate that in a few years a Korean company will come out with a cheap super high tech walker that combines comfort, practicality, a sleek design, and loads of carrying space.

As for the bent back, if anyone can offer a more feasible explanation, I'm all ears.

I won't even mention how often I see this in town:


5 comments:

jakeinkorea said...

I love me some bent-backed 할머니 action. In fact, those are the bend backs that carved the peninsula into what it is today. I've often found that when my feet are tired, or I'm too polluted to walk straight, that sitting on a 할머니's back and hitching a ride from point A to point B is the quickest way. I've seen a 90lb 할머니 hoist a grown man (passed out, dead weight) up two flights of stairs.

Anonymous said...

jakeinkorea - your attempts at humor are hit and miss. this is a huge miss. my korean middle school students who speak at a 5 year old level can make better jokes than this.

Anonymous said...

Better than yours though anonymous. Jakeinkorea - the mental image of some drunk westerner taking a ride on gnarled adjumas right angle made me chuckle. If people don't have anything nice/witty/informative/constructive to say then they should keep their miserable little food dors closed.

Anonymous said...

Take your own advice/counsel/suggestion/guidance Anonymous2. The mental image of you made me chuckle.

Jakeinkorea isn't hit and miss. He's all miss.

F5Waeg said...

I often lol at stuff Jake writes.

Post a Comment