Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Turn up the Heat!


I finally caved and blasted the ondol last night.

My floor was nice and toasty warm.

I slept like a log and felt much refreshed this morning.

Except for being authoritarian daddy, it's shaping up to be a good day.

I'm into my second cup of coffee and have already been pretty productive.

This afternoon I have to do a meet and greet with visitors to the company.  I'm usually in charge of that kind of thing.  I seem to have a knack for being congenial and welcoming.  Visitors leave feeling good.

Years of working in hospitality certainly helps.

So does knowing what to say when.

Luckily I usually only open My Big Mouth when I can't do irreversible damage.  Usually.

Have a nice day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a stupid post. What's the point of writing something so banal and uninformative. Get a life.

Anonymous said...

Actually I think its rather snide. Many Koreans I know talk about ondal as being uniquely Korean when the fact of the matter is underfloor heating has been used in many different cultures.

Anonymous said...

Above: Read the article again. It clearly states earliest evidence of underfloor heating is found in Korea

Shazia Sahari said...

A water-based floor heating system generally requires more depth space for the pipes, making it the trickier of the two to install retrospectively, as there might not be enough space for floor heating beneath your flooring.

Post a Comment