Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Speeding!

I love to drive fast.

Even though I have only a simple shitbox famvan, I push that baby up to 140-150 on a regular basis.

My mechanic loves me.  I've paid a nice chunk of his kids' academy fees over the years.  He keeps telling me to only drive at 100 all the time, but I might as well walk.

One thing I've learned the hard way is to watch out for these bad boys:

No Camera. . .this time.
Usually the speed cameras are mounted over the road.  You can see them a couple of clicks off.  But lately they've been sticking these damn things everywhere. . .you never know if there is a camera in there until you're on top of it.  Cruel!

Of course, as I've stated elsewhere, you could easily eliminate the need for these things by simply placing a time stamp on the toll ticket or hipass, but then where would the fun be in that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here in the states, suppose you're driving 45mph in a 45mph zone. Somebody pulls out in front of you and in the collision a passenger dies. Probably not your problem. Same situation, but now you're going 55mph in a 45mph zone. Now the dead passenger's family can sue you for as much as they please. Torts are a bitch.

Great blog, enjoying it thoroughly.

Anonymous said...

Just you should carefully driving. Do you know about bus accident in Seoul. The driver asshole should be better died because now his life is over and every Korean hate him. He hate himself to because of making the accident and killing many people, because he want to go fast and can't fucking waiting just extra time ten seconds. Too many Korean watching fucking TV and sending message or using the makeup when they drive. So many cars are big and so many are small, so many times the accident is like metal sandwich. Be carefully always !

Post a Comment