Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pansori

You can skip through 4:16-6:00 of this video



On the drive to work this morning I listened to the radio.  Randomly scanning through channels, I came across one that was playing pansori.

Driving through the mountains, a crisp morning with patches of fog, it seemed to fit nicely.

Sometimes I really dig listening to pansori.  Often the songs are about the struggles and difficulties faced by the lower classes; stuff like love, getting dealt a shitty hand in life, the big boss man deciding to fuck with you and yours.  To me, it has the same impact as the blues.

And it really set me up for a nice day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is awful you listnen to this shit youre the one who'se more fucked than anyeon

F5Waeg said...

At least you used the correct 'than'

Post a Comment