Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, November 29, 2010

One Nation Under CCTV!

I only stayed at work for a couple of extra hours.

I was feeling a little out of it and had had enough.

I quickly sobered up when I hit the toll gate coming back into town.

It seems that the powers that be have installed speed cameras at the hipass lane.

No more blasting through at 60-80 km/h.

A nice staid 30 is demanded.

At the far end: Mr. CCTV.

Smile!

Guess they can't get a decent pic when you blast through at 70.

I can't walk 100 meters anywhere in a heavy traffic area without my handsome mug showing up on google.

Supposedly its to reduce crime.

I'm not convinced the application will always remain so innocent and circumspect.

Best to drink some beer and not think too much about it, eh?

2 comments:

Sam Spade said...

Don't know when you were last back, or how closely you are following it, but in the US you literally cannot board a plane without being seen naked or having your nuts groped. That is, unless you happen to be a member of the US congress.

F5Waeg said...

yeah been watching videos on youtube of women going through security in bikinis to avoid some of the nastiness. . .what is going on in the world?

Post a Comment