Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Home!

We ended up leaving the housewarming a bit early.

The youngest is fairly sick.  We took her to a clinic to get her some meds.

I was near saintly at the BBQ.  The women were inside, cooking the dwenjang soup, watching the smaller ones and talking business, while the men stood around and grilled meat.

I allowed myself only three shots of soju.  I did have to drive.

And I didn't even respond when one of the guys went on about how Americans need to drink whiskey instead of soju because of the high fat diet they eat, like fried chicken.

The irony was palpable, what with all that fatty thick sliced bacon we were eating and a fried chicken restaurant on every corner.  But I digress.

I just smiled and grilled up some pine mushrooms for the ladies.  I know they like that stuff.  I won mondo points when I brought a plate of nicely grilled sliced pine mushrooms into the house.

Just as we were starting a nice fire in the field I was informed we had to leave.  It actually was pretty good timing since I didn't want to explain why I wouldn't be attending the dads' meeting on Wednesday due to it being at a Korean beef restaurant.

Overall it wasn't a bad time, but I'm glad to be home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment