Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Home!

I got home tonight to an empty house.

My Mother-in-Law took off to visit her sister.

June and the girls were invited to a sleepover in a forest resort.  I was invited too, but I declined.  Hanging out with a bunch of mostly ajummas and a pack of kids is not really my idea of the best of times.


Besides I need my beauty rest.  I'm still trying to get over that nasty cold.

So what's a poor boy to do?

No liquor, that's for sure!  I see you there, Mr. Bottle of Jim Beam!  We'll have ourselves a chat later, don't you worry!

And I should save the cookie making for when the girls get back.  I like them to watch their dad doing that kind of stuff.  I can just see the playground taunts in years to come: Oh yeah?  Well my dad can gut a fish, change the oil, cut firewood AND make great cookies!  IN YOUR FACE!

Instead, I've been enjoying cup after cup of hallabong tea.  That's those big fat oranges from Jeju diced and swimming in honey.  Tasty stuff.

I've been to Jeju three times.  It's a nice place.  The mandarins from Jeju are awesome, and cheap.  The hallabong are a bit more pricey, but worth it.  As long as you don't pay 5-8 manners for a box of the huge fat ones.

I do like Kojedo better.  It just has a better vibe to it and its easier to understand the Korean spoken there.  As long as you stay away from the shipyards and the former POW camps that is.  I've been to Koje 5 times.

I've been to many of the islands around the east and west coasts.  We used to like hitting amiondo and buying the huge tiger shrimp, but ever since the oil spill we've crossed that off our list.

I'll probably hit the hay early, get up early.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling better.  And snarkier.  I haven't opened my big mouth in over a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment