Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Go Stop!

A couple of ajumma buddies called me up.

They want me to come out and play Go Stop tonight.

I said no.  I'm feeling pretty wiped and would like a nice quiet night with the family.

I did agree to get together and play later though.

I like to play.  It's a fun game.

Most of my waeg and Korean buddies don't like to play with me though.

I usually kick their ass.

A person can only take so much ass whoopin I suppose.

During holidays when visiting the F5sponseree's family, we'll often play for four five hours.

I learned early not to win too much.  The person who ends up winning usually ends up paying for dinner.  Feeding 10-15 people can be pretty pricey.  So now I just win a few and throw the other games.  So do they.  Its a lot of fun trying to win but not win too much when everyone has the same strategy.

Always remember that gambling outside of government sanctioned locations is illegal!  You'd best not play for money, even if its just a quiet game with friends.  You could find yourself the subject of intense police scrutiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment