Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gaydar!

Index shorter = less chance of being gay
Several of the folks at work are obsessed about the sexual orientation of a couple of their coworkers.

They talk incessantly about how one of the guys and one of the girls are both flaming homosexuals.


I think they are wrong.  They just simply enjoy skinship.

I have pretty good gaydar.  I was convinced that one of the married guys was definitely homosexual a couple of years back.  No one believed me.

He left his wife and kids a couple of months back.  He now has a new 'roommate' named Mr. Kim.  The wife had been known as Scowling Shrew.  Now she is supposedly much happier dating some younger guy named Park.

I remember back in the day when I first came to Korea being told that there were no gays in Korea, that it was a foreign problem.

Ten years later and now there are TV shows that feature openly gay characters.

This is truly an amazing thing about Korea, just how quickly everything can change.  I wouldn't say that homosexuals are completely free to live how they see fit, but there has definitely been a huge change in attitudes in a very short time.

Now, as for the two coworkers: I honestly think they're both straight.

The girl in marketing though, I'm convinced.

And don't even get me started on that one guy in PR.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not gay!

Science is wrong!!!

Did I hit it right?

Anonymous said...

If Korea has the gays nowadays, it is because the gay English teachers always coming more and more and inviting other to be gay. So many English teacher is gay, I think, and come to Korea for gay foreign culture to be out of the closet together freely. We can see many gay white teacher on EBS English TV shows. We can see many gay bars with mostly white young guys wearing skinny jean and pink shirt. I don't mind the gays but if they kiss on the subway or hold hand in Korea it is not okay. But I think English teacher is high percent gay as this employment is suitable for gay personality - very over action and singing style. Aren't you?

Anonymous said...

So, are there any gay bars in Wonju?

F5Waeg said...

naw, too small and provincial for that

Post a Comment