Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Expressway!

This morning I decided to throw caution to the wind and take the expressway to work.

Generally taking the side roads is close to the same amount of time, unless you get caught behind some jackass who thinks driving an excavator to and from work everyday is a-ok.

Besides, driving at Mach4 is a blast.

When I get to the toll gate and see a line of cars, I'm so happy I bought one of these:
You can actually go through the sensor at about 70-80 km an hour.  Those who go through at the posted 30 are annoying.

I often wonder why the police bother with speed cameras.  All you'd have to do is put a time stamp on the ticket or the hipass.  If you got from A to B in too short a period of time, instant charge to your account, instant paying of fine.  No more expensive cameras or cops sleeping in their cars on those ramps off the side of the road.

I should get a job with the Department of Highways! 

I'd just be happy if the city would install traffic actuated signals and actually think about the flow of traffic more.  It totally blows when the light turns green, and the next one up ahead turns red as you approach.

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment