Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Dirty Bird!

An old waeg buddy I haven't heard from in years called me up.  He wants to join in the festivities this weekend.

I am not impressed.  Half of the guys I know can't stand him.  The other half either tolerate him for the insanity he brings to a situation or wouldn't mind if he came since he often ends up getting the shit kicked out of him and they would enjoy watching.

We call him Dirty Bird.

Back in the day we once jokingly thought of a contest: who could bring home the nastiest chica.

Dirty Bird threw himself wholeheartedly into the contest.  No one else really took it seriously.  The girl he showed up with a couple of Fridays later woulda made any mother cry. 

He was married briefly a few years back: it lasted all of 12 weeks, this despite the fact that the woman he married was far from top shelf and had a cleft lip.   Everywhere he goes, trouble always follows.  He's got a mouth he just cannot control.  He's the kind of guy who can walk into a church and set the parishioners at each others throat just by standing around. 

I thought I had successfully exorcised him from my memory and my phone.  I still don't know how he found out about our plans, but I do know who gave him my number.  When I see the waeg bastard that gave it out, there will be trouble.

See, its started already!  This does not bode well for the weekend. . .

5 comments:

The Todd said...

Tell him he can't come. Tell him he's a waste of skin. Tell him to go jump off a cliff. Get him deported. So many options and ways to unfriend.

F5Waeg said...

You can tell this to his face a dozen time and he'd still show up, laughing it all off as a joke. Some of the guys would like him around just to see how badly he'll fuck up.

Unfortunately, I'm not the type who would actively work to get someone deported. Maybe after this weekend though, you never know. . .

jakeinkorea said...

He probably found out your plans by reading your blog.

F5Waeg said...

I hope so.

Anonymous said...

I have a mate like that in Korea. Even direct physical violence will not stop him.

Post a Comment