Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cookie!

I promised the girls I'd make cookies for them tonight after work.

They found the bag of chippets I'd been saving in the cupboard.

There was no escape from the pleading look in their eyes.

Their response when I said yes was something akin to rapture.  But then, I am the cookie master.

You don't think June dated me just because I'm handsome, educated, funny, and good in bed now, do you?

No no no a thousand times no!

It's because I can cook.  Well.

This is something I always try to tell my unmarried Korean guy friends.

Most girls these days don't want to marry a momma's boy who needs someone to clean their apartment and cook for them.

They're looking for a guy who can take care of his own shit.

That means when she comes over to your place during the dating phase, you present a clean house.  Don't forget to make the bathroom sparkle!

You cook her a nice meal.  You have a bottle of wine or three.

Home Run!

Usually I do most of the cooking on the weekends.  I try to help out with dishes, laundry and what not, but I guess I am a bit old fashioned.  If I work 50-70 hours a week, I expect to be exempt from the bulk of that shit.

Luckily, my Mother-in-Law lives with us.  June complains sometimes, but her mom takes care of a lot of that shit.  So I just ignore her rants and bake a lasagna.  No point getting into a shouting match over something like that, you won't win.  And the nights will be much colder.

Cookies are gonna be good.  I'm looking forward to it.  I'll have two master dough mixers and cookie sheet organizers helping me out.  Should be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment