Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Confessions!

Last night I thought I was getting drunk.

I did get a little sauced, but I was in bed at a little after 11.

Must be getting old.

I promise myself to get more drunk tonight.

Now I have to play catchup on all my other work stuff.

The problem with proving yourself competent is that you get a lot of other stuff thrown at you.  I don't mind, but I am only one person.  Keeping up on everything has been difficult lately.  It seems that every time I sit down to work on one thing, another more pressing thing that needs to be done yesterday shows up in my email.

A couple of days over the last two weeks I didn't even open my inbox.  Of course those were the days when nothing came in.

Why do I do it?  Especially when I could be making more teaching English out of my house?

Must be for the prestige.

Think how cool it is to admit that you were the one who came up with this:


Or this:


When pitching a slogan, be sure to make it sound international and always keep a straight face when talking.

In the first I emphasized how by using the word 'bravo' with 'your life' we could appeal to a large segment of the world population who spoke French and English.  The happy dancing clown things were representative of a pure Korea.

In the second, I pushed how people were thinking globally with regards health and junk food.  They like custard, but if we made it outta rice, then indeed we could capture a large section of the well-being market. 

BTW, which ever one of you tossers came up with well-being. . . .well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment