Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chicken!

While waiting at the clinic I saw a chicken walking around in a nearby alley.

This is downtown in a city of 300 000.

Where did this lonesome cock come from?

A common pet that many kids get is a chick.

Most of them die, but occasionally one has the tenacity to hang on.

In my apartment complex there is a cock that wakes everyone up early every morning.

He too is one that survived.  Not for long if I had my way.  Into the pot with you!

I'm assuming the one I saw today has a similar story.  I thought about trying to catch him to ease up some of the family food budget, but I was too tired to do much more than snap a photo.  An old guy watching me seemed a bit unhappy that I would do so.

I suppose I can understand, since this is something you usually end up seeing in some village in the country.

That chicken did look plump and tasty though.

No comments:

Post a Comment