Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Agwi

I was hanging around the water cooler making small talk with some coworkers.

I mentioned my grand plan for the weekend, especially how excited I was to eat some of this:


One of the guys told me an interesting story.  Apparently, the agwi also plays a role as a sort of cautionary tale in Buddhism.  If you lived a greedy life, you will end up reincarnated as one of these puppies.  The agwi's mouth is very big, but it has a very small esophagus, and the only thing that can go down is the purified water from the temple that is used to clean dishes after a meal.  This is another reason why monks should always eat everything on their plate, so that nothing can block the esophagus of the fish.

I did not know that.

It was an interesting story.  I do find this story of the fish funnier:
Read it in full size at theoatmeal.com 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol

Post a Comment