Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A = X

I found this funny little site the other day.

It's called pictures of Muslims wearing things

I thought it quite amusing, especially when I saw this guy:

I can feel your pain brother.

People tell me what I should be all the time.

It sure is a blast to have a listen.

Do I let it get me down?

Hell no!

Do I start ranting or take an extreme position?

Never!

Can I understand?  I'm sure many would say no.  I am white.

But I do know I'm not going to let anger rule my world.  Life's too short.  And it doesn't really make you feel any better in the end, no matter how justified you may feel.

Been there, done that.  It's a mug's game.

Listen: stupidity is a universal human condition.  You will find stoopid people no matter where you go.

But there are many who aren't.  Those are the ones you make friends with, the keepers.

I have some great friends in Korea.  Known them for years.  They've really helped me out, and I've tried to repay the favor whenever I could.  I've also tried to pass it forward.

Am I going to ignore stoopid shit?  Most of the time.  Other times I'll open my Big Mouth when I should just keep it shut.  What can you do?  I'm not exempt from the universal human condition.

Not walking around angry all the time is a good start.

1 comment:

The Todd said...

You remind me of this guy I worked with at a camp a few years back...who also referred to his wife as his "sponsoree," who also talked a lot about his F5 as if we E2 newbies were second class citizens. First of all, what's so great about an F5? I've flirted with notions of the F2 but don't see the point.

I kind of had this feeling that you are that guy I worked with...but I can't find any info on you, and other than "F5 guy" which is kind of weak to be honest (It's not like I'd call myself the "E2 guy") I have no idea where you are coming from. Sound kind of American in a Mr. Wonderful kind of way, but I gotta hand it to you - you avoid such douchebaggery and seem incapable of it, so I've enjoyed most of your posts and the insights.

So...I'm still wondering if you are that guy I worked with at Dong-A ESL in Yongin for a month. He had two kids and was a pretty happy go lucky dude but I think he was jealous of my E2. What do you do?

Post a Comment