Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Why Marry Korean?

This was a question I fielded today, and it wasn't the first time I'd been asked it.

I remember a few years back a kyopo friend of mine advised me to NOT marry a Korean woman

He said they were too expensive, and expected too much.  He said they were a bunch of Dwenjang Nyeo, a nasty term used to denote a woman who was only interested in the money a man could make.

Isn't that like many women the world over I asked?

He assured me Korean women took it to a whole new level.  He advised me that if I was going to go Asian, I should get a Chinese or Vietnamese wife since they were cheaper.  I guess he had seen too many signs like this:
Vietnamese Virgins! Call Now!!
If I was more cynical, I might assume services like the one above exist partially due to Waegs like myself running off and marryin the local lasses, combined with a Korean preference for boys and easily accessible abortion; advising me to not marry a Korean was subconsciously prompted by my friend knowing I was about to take a Korean hottie off the market and make her the F5sponseree.  Let's not get crazy, though, hmmmm?

When I was asked the question today: Why Marry Korean?  I didn't answer that I caught yellow fever, or that Asian women are more feminine, or that western women have serious penis envy, or that I wanted to be a race traitor to improve the human gene pool, or that I wanted to get an F visa and live the easy life in Korea, or any of the other cliches that those not in a similar relationship usually ascribe to waegs like me.  I answered honestly:


I knocked her up and did right by her.


Sometimes I marvel at how lucky I got.  Other times I wonder why I didn't get my fucking head examined.  All I know is I'm locked in, my kids are awesome, the F5sponseree is still looking pretty damn fine and even gives me lovin from time to time, I do work I enjoy, and I can look at myself in the mirror and like the face I see.  Better than most, I guess.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like a skeez. This is so degrading to your poor wife. After living in Korea myself, I can see plenty of reasons why one should, or should not marry a Korean, depending on one's personality, values, and lifestyle. However, to indicate that the only reason worth beginning a life with any woman (regardless of ethnicity) is because you "knocked her up" is downright offensive. Based on your other posts about how you use corporal punishment in your home it sounds as though your wife and children would be much better off without your masochistic, self-indulgent views.

F5Waeg said...

And of course all marriages in the world are between two people who are madly in love with one another.

You really shouldn't read this:

http://f5waeg.blogspot.com/2010/11/2nd.html

Josh said...

the anonymous poster has no sense of Korean culture and is trying to apply that higher western moral discernment that actually goes counter to what Koreans would think - if F5 had not married her she would have had to choose between living a life of shame as a single mother with a mixed baby no less or getting an abortion

Post a Comment