Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Where's my wallet?!

I knew that I was going to run out of cigarettes, but I figured I could drive the 4 miles to the nearest store to get my Dunhills after dinner.  After filling myself with kimchi, rice, fish soup and pork, I popped the manner the F5sponseree gave me yesterday into my pocket, turned up the stereo, and booted 'er down the hill in the famvan.

The flaw in my cunning plan quickly became apparent when I looked at the gas gauge.  Of course I didn't do this until I was pretty much at the bottom.  And of course I had left my wallet in the office.

I suppose this would be an excellent time to point out that I should quit, thus avoiding such situations, but I just love filling my lungs with that delicious carcinogenic Dunhill awesomeness.

Luckily, I have a regular gas station I like to go to:

Worst. Name. For a Gas Station.  Ever.
The nice man at the S-Oil listened to my explanation, and said hey no problem, waesang is ok.  This basically means I'll pay you next time.  Its good that I usually go to the same spot and have thus built up a nice rapport with the local pump jockey.

Still, I do have to wonder how much forethought went into choosing the name S-Oil.  It does seem the most fitting name for a gas station, though, don't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, should quit smoking. It's not easy, but you can try. No pain, no game.

Post a Comment