Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

They Might be Giants!



My Girls love They Might Be Giants.  I remember back in the '90s I had a soft spot for a few of their tunes.  Well I guess they got married and had a bunch of kids, since the last couple of albums they put out are very kid oriented:


It is a challenge to provide opportunities for my girls to speak in both English and Korean.  The Korean is no problem, as most daily interactions occur in it, but the English can be a bit daunting at times.

Luckily they seem to be getting on fine. Both of them speak Korean and English extremely well.  I insist on speaking to them only in English, and I buy DVDs like these to play repeatedly until even I can't get them out of my head.
Some of the tunes are pretty damn catchy.

The eldest is in grade one and can read in both English and Korean; she won a prize in Korean poetry for her school, and kicked butt in the English speech contest despite it being only open for grades 3-6.  She did get a special mention though, but no prize.  Boo!

Anyway, if you have young kids, I highly recommend these.  You can watch most of the video on YouTube, but I decided to actually give some of my hard earned cash to these dudes.

Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment