Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Snakes!

Last night once the kids were asleep the waeg dads sat around and had a few beers.

Talk came around to snakes in Korea, and just how dangerous some of them can be.

I shared a story of seeing a Huge Green Bastardtm over two meters long that moved insanely fast when I walked by it.

Totally freaked me out.

In a fine show of oneupmanship, one of the other waeg dads pulled out his IPhone and said lookey here:
Not the actual photo, and maybe a different species, but you get the point
He had actually seen a pit viper.  I googled that this morning and sure enough, pit vipers can be found in Korea.  I knew there were some nasty snakes, but watch out for this one!

Most of the snakes I've seen in Korea are the small green garter snake variety, although I did see a small black one about 2 weeks ago, about half a meter long. And of course the Huge Green Bastardtm

To bring the discussion to a new level, I challenged Mr. Snake Picture by talking about how that snake would probably be damn tasty, and of a trip to Taiwan where I drank snake blood and ate a nice fat rattler.  In your face!

The discussion changed to the wisdom of buying an apartment in Korea. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment