Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin!

Total Score!

On the way to work I found a nice old lady selling pumpkins on the side of the road.

Total: 5000 won.

I was worried that I wouldn't have time to grab one for this weekend, as I promised the girls we'd carve one out for halloween.  Now I'm good. 

I find the pumpkins in Korea are a lighter orange than the ones back home.

Anyway, you should never call a Korean woman a pumpkin.  Hobak is a nasty term to describe an overweight and ugly girl.  Just a head's up.

There used to be a nightclub in town called hobak.  It was considered one of the better places to go.  Back in the day they had Russian women pole dancing topless.

Those were the days!

Funny thing was if you wanted to get a private room, the waegs would pay more for a Korean hostess, while the Koreans would pay more for a Russian hostess.

That's smart business!  The owners of that club were pretty savvy!

Now it's a pretty lame place, although I haven't been to a nightclub in town for quite some time.  I hate going to those places just to be refused entry, which is usually what happens.  The last time was kind of embarrassing: a friend of mine had come up from Daejon with his brother in law.  We decided to hit the nightclub.  Two waegs and one Korean.

They said only Koreans.

It was odd.  We weren't drunk, were dressed well, three handsome guys with cash.

No dice.

Guess I'll have to save the nightclub ventures for when I go to Seoul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just it is very terrible when the Korean say "No! You can't because white!" You know why, is because some white men rapping Korean girl, and if make booking nobuddy speak English, so girl is like how you say "deer in headlice." When booking club waiter push girl in seat she might think "Oh my god! Here is so many white men. If nose so big and very long...also~ㅠ,ㅠ Why make me sitting here???"

So that is why. That kinds of people in the nightclub not normal good Korean people, but usually 백수 but in English I don't know about that. Just say "Hey dad give money to me. I'm lazy dog baby and just want growing stupid haircut."

So happy you buy the pumpkin! I'm very scary!!! Can you take the picture of it?

Also I find this on club cafe wall and think F5Waeg friend think this is so cool:

http://gizmodo.com/5672560/there-is-no-escape-from-cows

Post a Comment