Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Daddy are you coming home?

Not my kid but mine have been trained since about this age
My eldest just called.  She wanted to tell me the Mother-in-Law had made kamja-tang.  I love that shit.  She also wants me to come home early and play rummy and crazy eights.

She just loves to play cards, and sometimes I even let her win. My youngest still has trouble holding eight cards in her hand, but was chiming in with her sister.  It was a nice call to get, but sorry kids, daddy needs to stay at work a bit longer tonight.

My eldest has no problem dialing me up and making such a request.  Her mom, the F5sponseree, started training her when she was still crawling.  Usually the call would come when daddy was in full on drunk mode.

I used to get annoyed by it.  I used to consider havin em call up their mom when she was out with the girls.  Now, I just smile and count myself lucky.  It's quite possible that they'll end up hatin' this old waeg in their teens; that often happens.  Hopefully, I'll do things right and they won't.  But just in case, I won't get worked up now if I get a call from em, even if I know the F5sponseree is puttin em up to it.

I'll probably go home earlier than I had planned.  Drinkin some Max and lettin em thrash me at crazy eights would be a welcome distraction.

1 comment:

Prestigee Korea said...

Women are cruel creatures. When they realize that some men have the power to ignore them, they employ small and helpless children to get the task done!

Post a Comment