Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Choi Min Sik!

Choi Min Sik is my favorite Korean actor.

Why? He's ugly and would never carry a murse.

He's got bad ass written all over him.

Here is a picture of him in one of my favorite Korean movies.  Most people know of him as the star of Old Boy.

Too many Korean actors are pretty boys with no character.  Dime a dozen metrosexuals who wear too much pink and makeup, and who can't act.


Choi Min Sik can act.  His characters are usually completely intense.  And I've never seen him wear pink.

Now why not write a post about my favorite Korean actress you say?  Soon, people! Soon!

Narrowing that down to just one is a lot tougher.

And I felt the need to get this out there first.

I worry that all the estrogen in the tofu and pomegranate juice is emasculating a whole generation of Korean guys.  Combine that with a male media image that is the antithesis of masculine, and you have the only explanation you need for the declining birth rate in Korea.  God forbid one of my daughters comes home with something like that on her arm!  Or a starcraft pro-gamer, god, NO!

Choi Min Sik is cool.  'Nuff said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know in Korea pink is very good, not for the gay. Why you say like that???~^^ If wearing pink many girl think is very nice and good for fashion. I also like this actor and his moving. I am happy you see many good Korean moving and can recommend you many other good one. Do you know DVD room? I think you can just go to there and writing interest story about watch the nice moving.

Post a Comment