Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Beer!

I'm a Max guy.  I used to drink Cass, but I find its unreliable as quality goes. . .too often did I end up with skunky bottles that would be next to impossible to refund.  Max is not bad, and I have yet to find a skunk.  My local market sells em for 1300 won for a 500 ml bottle, which is great.

Every now and then I get crazy and drink somaek, soju and beer together, but you take your chances as the next day you could end up completely tit ass useless at work.  I have no time to be tit ass useless at work. Still, for 5000 won you're completely trashed, 3 bottles of beer and one soju.

If I'm going for a full on drunk, I like to put a decent dent in a bottle of Heaven's Hill, Jim Beam, Black Velvet or CC.  Now some of you may say I'm living large, but hey I've given up on the single malts.  Married guys like me can't afford that shit.  Some things about the single lifestyle aint so bad, but I'm lucky that the F5sponseree likes me and my girls are awesome. 

Tonight I'm going to put away three bottles of Max, then hit the sack.  I may check out the football pool I'm in, but my whole thing about that was to randomly make all my picks for the entire season in week one then forget about it.  I've done that for the last four years, and last year I was in first or second for the entire season.  It was great.  I was the king of trash talk: all these sports obsessed wannabees back home investing so much time and energy into memorizing player stats and other useless junk couldn't own me.  I shat the bed in the post season however, because I actually started to think about it.  Sometimes you just gotta go with the gut.  I ended up finishing fifth.  I think I'll resist the urge to check the stats and just let it slide.

I'm not a big fan of TV, so when I drink I watch videos on youtube or talks on TED.  Mostly I randomly surf webpages like http://thedailywh.at/ or http://www.boingboing.net/, or http://www.fark.com/

Sometimes I also like to read  http://www.nerve.com/

And of course all the Korean expat blogs.  I read a lot.  Nerdgasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment